Swim Diaper Policy
All children under the age of 4 must wear the correct swim diapers in order to enter the pool.
All ages who are not potty trained
Must wear 2 layers: a reusable swim diaper from iPlay or similar brand and an outer cover from Splash About.
All children under 4 years old, who are potty trained
Must wear 1 outer swim cover from Splash About until they are 4 years old.
Why Do We Require This?
- Fecal matter can cause bacterial contamination and health risks to our swimmers & staff.
- When there is a fecal, we close our facility for several hours to get back to health code standards. Lessons are cancelled, which disappoints our swimmers and is expensive.
- Warm water and exercise can stimulate digestion. Even potty trained swimmers can have an accident during swim lessons.
The New Swim Cover
- Designed to move with your baby/toddler as they kick and splash, with no gaping, the new swim cover fits snuggly on the waist and thighs, with special fabric forming a secure seal that holds in solids.
- Adds extra protection in the case that your swimmer goes to the bathroom during lessons, it will stay contained within the cover.
- Sizing runs a little big. Visit our office to see sizes.
Tips for Making the Transition
- We call it a swim cover and not a diaper, because even big kids wear it!
- Show your child the new cover and explain that they have to wear it at swim lessons.
- Give yourself enough time to put the new cover on before lessons.
- If your child is potty trained, take them to the restroom before lessons.