The hustle and bustle of the holiday season is upon us! Parties and family gatherings, shopping and wrapping all need to be attended to. The season also means fun, quality time with our loved ones. There are many family friendly events in our area happening all month long and even better is that many of these things are budget friendly! We have compiled a list of local community holiday happenings as well as fun seasonal activities to do at home with your kids. We encourage you to pick at least one a week that to do enjoy your kids so that family stays at the center of this holiday season. We’ve also created a Pinterest board of all these great ideas so that you can pin them to your holiday boards!
4. Christmas Remembered
5. Puppet show at Granite Bay Library
6. Stop and get some hot chocolate and go to view Christmas lights. Visit a street with lots of lights or just drive around and count all the houses with decorations!
7. See A Winnie the Pooh Christmas Tail at Stage Nine in Old Sacramento
8. Beary Special Holiday Dance Party at the Sacramento Children’s Museum
9. Make a gingerbread house together.
10. Make Candy Cane Animals at the Library
11. Free day at Fairytale Town: December 24th
12. Have a minivan (or SUV/Sedan) Express! Watch Polar Express or another Christmas train movie. Then, after putting the kids to bed early (but before they fall asleep!), gather them up and present them with their golden ticket that will get them a drive to see Christmas lights!
13. Christmas Tree Lighting and the Theater of Lights in Old Sacramento
14. Make a free slow animation high def video in Google’s Winter Wonderlab at the Roseville Galleria
15. Make cookies and deliver them to family and friends.
16. Cinderella Carriage Rides at the Fountains
17. Loomis Tree Lighting Event
18. Go door to door collecting food donations for the local food bank.
19. Downtown Sacramento Ice Skating Rink
20. Winter Wonderland at Fairytale Town
21. Wrap 25 Holiday books (they can be ones you already have!) and open one each night.
22. Festival of Lights Parade in Auburn
23. Watch the animals unwrap their gifts at the Sac Zoo or come on Christmas Eve for a PJ Party!
24. Have a game night! Maybe Pictionary with all holiday themed clues.
25. Wild Nights and Holiday Lights at the Folsom Zoo Sanctuary
26. Singing Christmas Tree at Capital Christian Church
27. Plan a trip to the snow!
28. Placer County Youth Orchestra “All I Want for Christmas” Benefit Concert
29. Attend The Santa Parade in Downtown Sacramento
30. Go out as a family and perform a random act of kindness!